Listen to Full Belly Laughs Episode 6
Use the audio player below to enjoy Full Belly Laughs Podcast Episode 6: Make Sauce Great Again: Comics Discuss Donald Trump Over Pasta.
Curious what comics think of Donald Trump?
Comics Weigh in on Donald Trump
We hit every pro and con of his rise to power during the primary season. Abeeku Cobbina, Rachel Peters, and Brian Six chow down on some spinach pasta with a homemade red sauce. Protein includes feta & spinach chicken, but vegetarians can exclude that part. It's all washed down with some beers from Troegs. Besides politics the crew talks about not paying taxes and all the presidential candidates.
Meet the Guests
Here's the rundown on the guests featured on this episode.
One of the funniest and best all-round dudes in Philly, dare I say the world. If you want to impress Abeeku, just perform a magic trick for him. Stay tuned to his jokes and opinions on sports by following Abeeku on Twitter. Don't forget to check out his weekly show: Honorable Mention.
A hilarious and rising star in the Philly comedy scene, Rachel can be found performing all over the city. Check out any local shows to find Rachel sharing her unique perspective on politics, sex, and everything else on her mind.
A host at Raven Lounge's infamous comedy show: Philly Comedy Attic, Brian Six is a comedic force to be reckoned with. A true Delco man, Brian's sharp wit can make anything funny. Keep track of his upcoming shows on Twitter.
Eat the Food
Did that dish sound dee-lish? Below is an approximate recipe for how Brian made this mushroom spinach risotto jawn.
Feta & Spinach Chicken Sausage with Spinach Pasta and Red Sauce
Prep Time: 10-547 minutes based on your capacity to follow instructionsTools: A big pot, something to stir with, a cutting board, and a knifeCook Time: 20-40 minutes
- 1 big can of Diced Tomtatos
- 1 big can of Tomato Sauce
- Carrots, peeled, washed, and cut to the shape of your heart's desire
- Celery, washed and cut into identical 1 cubic centimeter pieces
- Onions, cut the right way ( you can guess)
- Olive Oil
- Bay Leaves
- Spinach Pasta
- Feta & Spinach Chicken Sausage
- Optional: Mushrooms
- With some olive oil to coat the bottom of the large pot, add the vegetables (add mushrooms at the end if using them). Cover the pot and put it on medium high heat. Add spices: salt, pepper (black and/or white), cumin, coriander, etc. Let this cook for several minutes, probably at least five minutes. Vegetables are ready when the carrots are soft or the onions turn translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil then simmer. Add a handful of bay leaves. Make sure to count how many you use. This will make fishing them out later a lot easier. Simmer covered for five minutes then remove the leaves. Add additional spices such as oregano and basil. Kill the heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
- The pasta and chicken can be acquired at Whole Foods. Read the instructions on how to cook them. If no instructions are included with the sausages, you can Google it or ask the butcher.
Plate and serve. Making some garlic bread will really up the ante on delicious-ness. A perfect "American" meal to devour while discussing Donald Trump.Come back next week for another hilarious episode and bangin' recipe.
Podcast Show Notes: Links and References
Pasta and movie trivia equals a great hangout.
Philly-based comics enjoy pasta a trivia as they discuss what might happen is Trump were to actually become president.
If you enjoyed this content, please consider writing a review on the FBL Facebook Page. It really helps the show reach new people.
If you would like to financially support the podcast, please consider donating. All of our content is ad free thanks to donors. Your contribution will help keep it that way, and unlock exciting opportunities for more content. Learn more about how much it costs to make this podcast, or donate to FBL now.
Categories: Full Belly Laughs Podcast